A&P Aircraft Mechanic
with “Preferred experience” on Light sport, Cubs, J3, PA-11, PA-18, Super Cub, Restoration Specialist
Aircraft Mechanic is responsible for assembly of new production aircraft and maintenance functions. Mechanic must understand and have passion on working on tube and fabric aircraft. Other job requirements include GA maintenance on piston aircraft, aircraft restoration work, sheet metal fabrication, fabrication of parts. sheet metal, engine repair and trouble shooting.
Legend Aircraft team is looking for positive minded and self motivated team players.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Aircraft maintenance, assembly, preventive maintenance, alterations on Light General Aviation piston aircraft, engines and parts.
- Must have basic tools for aircraft.
- Perform and complete jobs, tasks and work with other A&Ps and non certified mechanics.
- Follow all applicable specifications to accomplish a specific task.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Perform work within estimated hours.
- Follow all safety procedures and specifications in accordance with applicable company, FAA, and customer standards of quality.
- Execute all required paperwork in connection with assigned normal duties.
- Use and operate ground support equipment, as applicable and if qualified, in a safe manner.
- Work with little or no supervision and accomplish assignments with little or no rework.
- Assist other employees in the performance of their job assignments through coaching, counseling, and guidance.
- Interface effectively with members of management, other departments, and co-workers.
- Compensation based upon skill level and certifications.
- Plus is having a passion for tube and fabric aircraft with well-rounded maintenance background in piston aircraft.
- MINIMUM: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must provide own tools as indicated on company tool list.
- Language (read, write, speak, and understand English).
- Two (2) or more years experience on GA aircraft or Commercial aircraft or two (2) or more years proven performance within company.
- PREFERRED but Not Necessary: – FAA Airframe and Powerplant or FAA Airframe certificate. – IA certificate is a plus.